Zum Inhalt springen

Saw tool

bertf

Frage

Hi,

I would love to have a saw tool in interiorcad.

This way we can just draw a line. Set the saw width compensation to left, right or middle from that line.

A bit like how the dado tool works at the moment but this tool can't set radius compensation and to have just one operation with the saw the user has to set the exact width of the saw in the dado with settingbox. 

The reason I want this is because I would like to be able to saw corners of cabinets:

image.thumb.png.14c213feaa3dca2191dd464fb676d961.png

extra great features:

• be if I could set the A-angle of the saw because at the moment the miter tool can only be used on edges and not in the middle of a board. 
  • Allow to set a presaw depth

Thanks,

Best regards,

Bert

Bearbeitet von bertf
  • Like 1

3 Antworten auf diese Frage

Empfohlene Beiträge

u can do it with 3D-Macro if your nc code is written and editable in the notepad. 3D-Macros u can put with boxobject funtion into your cabinet.

• Like 1

HP Z6 G4  Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-3223 CPU @ 3.50 GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

VWX IC 2023 SP7-F7 R1  Windows 10 64 GB  64 bit

Hi Kingchaos,

Thanks for your suggestion to use NC macro. I also tried to do it with NC macro but this way there is still no visible option for radius compensation.

At the moment I have create a fictional mill that's actually the saw.

So now I can use the contour tool to create saw lines. 

In my custom woodwop export I have overwritten the python code for   __createContourBlock(self, **keywords) where I check which is the tool number. If the toolnumber is the saw, I replace the contourmilling with a saw operation:

if keywords['machining'].toolID == '_TKCZ':      
            #Milling with saw as tool
            return self.createCustomVerticalMiter(surface, keywords['machining'].toolID, contour.path.vertices[keywords['startVertex']].position, contour.path.vertices[keywords['endVertex']].position, keywords['radiusCompensation'], contour.actualDepth, depthPerStep, 90, 'Zaag [BMG]', '_BMG'  )

It works great this way, we can easily reshape the contour with the reshape tool, the  milling depth per step is also my saw pre cut depth. 

But I asked for this feature because it would be nice if it's a built in tool for everyone. And with my method I can't change the aangle. 

Bearbeitet von bertf
  • Like 1

yeah this stuff is very special and i know in topsolid there is such a saw tool, u can saw every 3d PArt u want without making them invalid for cnc. 🙂

the correction for the saw diameter u have to try it at the machine

HP Z6 G4  Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-3223 CPU @ 3.50 GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

VWX IC 2023 SP7-F7 R1  Windows 10 64 GB  64 bit