Zum Inhalt springen

How to avoid drawer misplacement?????

napwszzm

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello team, 

Can someone show me the right way to avoid the drawer misplacement please? 

From time to time, the drawer misplacement happened on my IC 2022 again and again, on and off. 

To be honest, I am sick of these things!!! I normally won't complaint things, but I just so frustrated with IC that it can't handle the basic things very well. 

To be fairly, the Extragoup's support is good, but the fundation of IC is so buggy, I think.  It doesn't feel like a CAD system to me. 

What I am doing is very basic square boxes with hinges and drawers!  I found out IC is extremely unstable when pulling out the drawer units from existing library. 

I am suffering these bugs for almost every job I did.  Sometimes drawer misplaced, i have to manually deleted the drawers and apply them back again; screw holes misplaced when changed the depth of cabinet ...... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago kingchaos wrote:

Hey,

the drawrs were inside the preset korpus?

Why the cabinet is not warping to 800, after you changed it?

I only see the drawrs are getting wider after u changed to 800.

Hi KingChaos,

The drawer unit (600mm) in the library is a 4-drawer with Blum Tandembox runner, after changing it to 800mm, one of the drawer runners has been pushed out to the cabinet. When changed it back to 600mm, the drawer base and back pushed out. 

The version I am using is IC2022 F5, not sure if you can open the attached file. 

drawer unit.vwx

Cheers

Nap

Oh lol i never tried this.

it seems, that the direction your look is at the moment of the carcassplacement influences the behavior of the cabinets.

Thanks for this i tried the same stuff u had wit hmy preset cabinet and the toolk button for selecting it.

First time i tried it, i had a similar bug u had but after the second change of the width, then i want to reproduce it in the same file but then it worked?!?!?!? Then naivly i changed the direction to "front" and the carcass was misplaced.

The support might say "this is because u used the tool button for selecting the carcass" and they might are not wrong with it. But the reason is different i think. see below.

Then it was allways working while placing it carcass in top view.

After this i was reminded to totally different bugs but they might have the same reason and that was the clue.

Your file was empty and clear before u placed your preset carcass, right? If i open a new completely file and made the same stuff u made and got nearly exactly same behavior. The solution (dont laugh pls) is placing the carcass once, delete it and place it new.

I think it has something to do with the symbols have to be imported and WHEN is WHAT beeing imported and that is not the correct "chronological order" it is needed to import all stuff in the right moment to link all the association.

:)

Bearbeitet von kingchaos

HP Z6 G4  Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-3223 CPU @ 3.50 GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

VWX IC 2023 SP7-F7 R1  Windows 10 64 GB  64 bit

Hey Kingchaos, 

Not sure what caused the problem in your IC, but this trick might help you, and it's what I found to avoid the problem on your side. 

When you place the drawer unit, try to place it on top/pan with 2D plan activated, it might reduced the possibly to rotate the system coordinates. 

image.png.fefdf08f16f684434d9e9b8c7e174493.png

In IC2021, try to make sure place them with these two items activated, it might reduce the chance of drawer misplacement. 

I haven't figured out the trick in IC2022 F4.2/F5 yet. 

Bearbeitet von napwszzm

if i use the "active definition" button the carcass is broken right in the moment as i place it.

That was my problem, YOU solved for me, as you told me i have to use the Toolkbar button to select the carcass.

I think THIS now will help the support fixing the problem, then it is proved now, that there is an internal VWX bug and it has to do with the symbols, whether they are in the file or not.

After deleting the "once placed carcass with your toolbutton" and delete it, the "active definition methode" is working without bug too.

HP Z6 G4  Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-3223 CPU @ 3.50 GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

VWX IC 2023 SP7-F7 R1  Windows 10 64 GB  64 bit

Hi KingChaos, 

Here is my test (based on IC2022 F5), and the trick is a bit silly but so far it works on my computer, without deleting all the drawers and re-apply all of them back.

(Note: Imaging a kitchen has many drawer units, its tedious when deleting all of them and then re-apply them one by one. Sometimes you will make mistake on the wrong drawer height if too many things got stuck in your head.)

I watched one of your videos and when you placed the drawer on Front view, I thought it might be an idea to cheat IC to adjust the hardware coordinates, then came out this idea. 

So, here is my trick: 

First, place a random drawer in 2D view, it doesn't matter the drawers have been rotated wrong. 

Then, place the drawer on top/plan view, and it could solve the drawer misplacement issue. 

Doing this way, you just need to delete one drawer unit instead of deleting all drawers,  it might save you enamours time. 

Hopefully is it works on your IC2021 (My gut feeling is it should work). 

Am 14.9.2022 um 17:43 schrieb kingchaos:

hey,

this is a different bug, your solution will be "place it, delete it, and place it again"?

Try it pls, in my IC21 this soluted the drawer bug.

Am 16.9.2022 um 00:32 schrieb kingchaos:

i dont really know what this is for me like? :)

i dont get "deleting all drawers", what do u mean?

Hi, 

I confused myself with your idea/solution. 

Please ignore it. 

• 2 Wochen später...