Zum Inhalt springen

Thoughts on Division in Cabinet 3D + Kuchen Raster concept

napwszzm

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello Extra Group team, 

I am new to Interirocad and start using it to build my cabinet library not long ago. 

So, I have been learning the new things in this super helpful forum, and experiencing some challenges when using it. 

Currently I am experiencing a bit challenges in the Division tool in Cabinet 3D. I personally think the division logic can be improved a little bit, I totally understand it might be a lot of work for you guys, so I am not complaining about this, but contributing my positive thinkings only.

So, I could be wrong as I am new to Interirocad. 

Now, my thinking is the division tool can be improved a little bit if it's not too hard.

From my understanding, most kitchen / bathroom cabinets or bookshelves cabinets can be managed by square shapes, and the zones can be divided into these 5 situations (it doesn't matter it's vertical and horizontal): 

A: Front + full overlay, 

B: Front + Center 

? Front + inside 

D: Center to center

E: Inside to inside 

(the pink color below are showing the division part, either partition or shelf, depends on how you see it)

Dividion.thumb.JPG.dcfd896b5fc23c25c15d21dc9e7093cc.JPG

From my reading and understanding in Interiorcad Division, I think it's trying to follow these rules. Here is the proof. 

I think for whatever the cabinets are, as long as it's square or rectangle, these method can create infinite inner zones. 

And the front (+ inside) might need to be improved if it's following the above logic. 

Also, a new logic of division Front (+ Outside) need to be created, which is I think it was missing when designed the division concept. 

208770791_Division1.thumb.JPG.ae43f02e07226f16b29b16de1a547991.JPG

My understanding is all the types of doors and drawers are created and managed by this division logic. 

===========================================

(PS I learned the concept of Kuche Raster about 4 years ago: https://www.kuechenportal.de/kuechenmagazin/schranktypen-kueche,

https://www.kuechen-haeupler.de/was-ist-ein-kuechenraster/)

I noticed some users in the forum talking about parametrics by inserting variables, I think Interirocad can build up something in the future to make the cabinet changes based on parametrics. I did this in 2D CAD + parametric constraints (dxf) for making kitchen cabinets. 

It will be very helpful in the future, if Interirocad can develop something to incorporate the Kuchen Raster concept with parametric formulas. I will explain my thinking with the below picture: 

Rasters.thumb.JPG.31bdf82ced421ad9c44e3fa7797f5c7e.JPG

Firstly define the 1 Raster size, it can be 144mm, 150mm, 130mm and so on .... 

Then define User parametric feature and formula in data sheet as: 

- TK = toekick, 

- Base H = based cabinet height 5 rasters for example, if each drawer height is 1 Raster then, a 4 drawer unit = (2 * #) # # # in Division blah blah blah ... 

- Niche 

- Wall H. 

- Tall H. 

Total H = TK + Base H + Niche + Wall H (need MS Excel to save different data sets) 

Then I save this to different data sets: 

715_5R set, 

780_6R set, and ........

Plus a window to select to change Hardware like Blum drawer, Hettich Drawer, hinges ........ this will make Interirocad super flexible and save lots of time to change things one by one. 

Also, with this concept, you can change 1 kitchen system with different hardware to other in just a few clicks. The calculations are all done in Interirocad not by human hands any more. Doing this might need Interirocad to refresh every single data like material, hardware, edges and blah blah blah.....

Regards, 

Nap

Bearbeitet von napwszzm
  • Like 1

Am 14.9.2021 um 02:35 schrieb napwszzm:

Also, a new logic of division Front (+ Outside) need to be created, which is I think it was missing when designed the division concept. 

You don't need it, you just use "Front" and set the gap to zero around the outside. No extra option needed. Unless I am misinterpreting your request?

Am 14.9.2021 um 02:35 schrieb napwszzm:

Firstly define the 1 Raster size, it can be 144mm, 150mm, 130mm and so on .... 

Then define User parametric feature and formula in data sheet as: 

- TK = toekick, 

- Base H = based cabinet height 5 rasters for example, if each drawer height is 1 Raster then, a 4 drawer unit = (2 * #) # # # in Division blah blah blah ... 

- Niche 

- Wall H. 

- Tall H. 

Total H = TK + Base H + Niche + Wall H (need MS Excel to save different data sets) 

Then I save this to different data sets: 

715_5R set, 

780_6R set, and ........

Plus a window to select to change Hardware like Blum drawer, Hettich Drawer, hinges ........ this will make Interirocad super flexible and save lots of time to change things one by one. 

Also, with this concept, you can change 1 kitchen system with different hardware to other in just a few clicks. The calculations are all done in Interirocad not by human hands any more. Doing this might need Interirocad to refresh every single data like material, hardware, edges and blah blah blah.....

Very unlikely we will go down that route. We are however looking into incorporating the Vectorworks "Styles" which will allow you to carry out most of the batch changes you are after. 

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Stephan Mönninghoff:

You don't need it, you just use "Front" and set the gap to zero around the outside. No extra option needed. Unless I am misinterpreting your request?

Hi Stephan, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

It might be better for me to submit a ticket with a short video to explain my idea. 

Thanks 

Nap

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Stephan Mönninghoff:

Very unlikely we will go down that route. We are however looking into incorporating the Vectorworks "Styles" which will allow you to carry out most of the batch changes you are after. 

Looking forward to seeing the new functions. 

Very exciting.